Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Most Pinteresting Woman In The World

boards1 [by Chick] First it was blogging, then Facebook, followed by Twitter and Instagram. But now it seems Pinterest is the hot new social media sensation whereby I currently derive one hundred percent of my self-worth and daily fulfillment. And I’ve only been on it for two and a half days.

If you aren't familiar with Pinterest, it’s a website where you can “pin” pictures of anything and everything that tickles your fancy…clothes, food, art, home decor, exotic hotels, motivational signs, books, films, etc. You organize your pins onto themed boards to keep track. For those of us who used to work at advertising agencies we can safely claim it is reminiscent of a concept board or a pitch board and we don’t have to admit that we all really learned about this technique from Oprah who referred to it as an Image Board, a classic self help tool for hapless women of a certain age.

But I digress.

boards2 Oh my word Pinterest is more fun that I could have ever imagined! It’s like every fashion, home decor, travel magazine in the world all rolled up into one site. With a cookbook and some good looking art to boot. Now that pesky waiting list was a bit off-putting (I mean for heaven’s sake it’s social media, not a country club) but I patiently waited my turn to gain my Pinterest account.

Okay, that’s a lie, the minute I saw I was on the waiting list I emailed a friend toute suite and bluntly asked her to produce an invite for me. Well, all I can say is Pinterest is lucky to have me because I am a pinning fool, and as evidenced by the torrent of people already following me (four, including myself) I have impeccable taste.

It’s clear that I will never wear any of these gorgeous clothes, cook any of these delicious meals, or travel to any of these exotic destinations, because apparently I am now relegated to the life of a shut-in as I don’t want to miss any time I could be at home in my grungy workout clothes pinning things on my iPad.

I don’t always surf the Internet for hours on end, but when I do, I prefer Pinterest.

It’s true, Pinterest is nothing if not addictive. They are bound to develop a 12-step program at some point.

See you at the meetings. Until then, stay pinning my friends.

http://pinterest.com/flyfishchick/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a "dream catcher", baby. Pin THAT. Make a tab for things that encapsulate what pinterest is....